Isn't there a better way to download the game?

Anything goes here! Have your say, discuss anything from kittens to your favorite ice cream.
GeneralMacek

Isn't there a better way to download the game?

Post by GeneralMacek » Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:27 pm

Hello there. I wanted to ask if there is (not probably, but still) a better way to download the game client and the game without going through torrents (which is damn slow for me). I admit I caught a slip of nostalgia seeing Northrend again in a time WoW did not suck, but I do not want to spend a week downloading the whole thing, though I admit it might be my problem due to not being able to understand it. I thought the game would have downloaded through the client, as old WoW seemed to do. Not to mention I cannot resolve the full disk bug my computer is throwing at me when I try downloading bigger GB files (>4 GBs) though I have enough space on by SSD disk.

I appreciate feedback and answers, I am still new to this whole stuff. Thank you.

VOUSALAN
Game Master

Re: Isn't there a better way to download the game?

Post by VOUSALAN » Tue Mar 22, 2022 11:39 pm

Hello,

At the moment torrent download is the only way to download the game. IF your ISP has a issue with these types of downloads you can get your self a VPN to download as the ISP can not see what you do if connected to a VPN. I would suggest NordVPN.

Best Regards,
Thank you,
Senior Game Master, Developer
Discord: Vousalan
Email: vousalan@gmail.com

JINXESS

Post by JINXESS » Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:02 am

The torrent download from WoW Mania wasn't seeded very well or there weren't many "seeds" to download from with that torrent honestly. I had to Google WOTLK and download a torrent for version 3.3.5 from other third party sites. The version for Wow Mania is 2.9.4 but 3.3.5 is more common outside of WoW Mania. If you find a alternate source for the 2.9.4 WOTLK torrent/download, go ahead. Honestly I didn't bother searching for 2.9.4 and went with 3.3.5 since that version was the easiest to find a torrent for. Yes, there's a very minor chance of WoW errors playing with 3.3.5 but I'm okay with that for now.

QUINANT

Post by QUINANT » Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:57 pm

Just came back to the game and the files I had previously were too outdated to do anything.
I don't really want a torrent client on my PC so tried a couple of methods to download (all were free/trial accounts) with much different experiences:

:cry: I first tried to download using Multcloud to sync it to one of my cloud drives. This got me a download but took 5 days and the files were corrupted (this may have been something I did rather than anything wrong with the service). The torrent synced to my cloud drive without me needing my machine on which was nice, but was a shame the download didn't work. I synched it to my MEGA cloud drive, which meant the actual download was slow.

:) I then tried a trial plan of alldebrid which allows you to download 25Gb. This was super easy, I uploaded the torrent file and got 3 download links (.rar part files). You're supposed to get slower speeds on a trial account but mine downloaded in 75-80 minutes. Unpacked the .rar part files and could start playing. If my files got corrupted or needed to move to a newer PC, I'd use this again to download.

Hope that helps people who are in a similar situation to the one I was in

Saycoda

Post by Saycoda » Wed Aug 23, 2023 5:54 am

JINXESS wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:02 am
The torrent download from WoW Mania wasn't seeded very well or there weren't many "seeds" to download from with that torrent honestly. I had to Google WOTLK and download a torrent for version 3.3.5 from other third party sites. The version for Wow Mania is 2.9.4 but 3.3.5 is more common outside of WoW Mania. If you find a alternate source for the 2.9.4 WOTLK torrent/download, go ahead. Honestly I didn't bother searching for 2.9.4 and went with 3.3.5 since that version was the easiest to find a torrent for. Yes, there's a very minor chance of WoW errors playing with 3.3.5 but I'm okay with that for now octordle
good for you to explain.